Privacy Notice-Job Applicant
Effective Date: August 30, 2021
Intellis Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Please note, this Privacy Notice is available at https://intellisiq.com and its related domains and subdomains, including, but not limited to, https://education.intellisiq.com/ and https://intellisinc.com/ (each the “Website” as applicable). Intellis maintains other privacy notices to address specific use cases applicable to Intellis, which are available at the following locations:
- If you are a Website visitor or a recipient of marketing communications from Intellis, please refer to https://intellisiq.com/privacy-policy/ for the Intellis Privacy Notice relating to the Website and Intellis’ marketing efforts.
- If you are a California resident, please refer to https://intellisiq.com/privacy-notice-ccpa/ for the Privacy Notice for California Residents. It contains additional disclosures and information about our privacy practices concerning the collection, use, and disclosure of the personal data of California residents.
Reimbursement Recovery Resources, LLC, dba Intellis (collectively, “Intellis,” “we,” or “us”), respects the privacy of its job applicants (“you”), and we are committed to protecting their personal data. To that end, we have put together this Job Applicant Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) to give you a better understanding of who we are and our practices concerning the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of personal data obtained in connection with applying for a job at Intellis and Intellis recruitment process.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice:
- The term “personal data” means any information related to an identified or identifiable living individual that directly or indirectly references one or more factors specific to their physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. Personal data excludes anonymous data.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice and the related statements in their entirety to ensure you are fully informed. If you have any questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us by using the contact details under the “Contact Information” heading below.
Compliance with Local Laws
This Privacy Notice is a general guide on how Intellis processes your personal data. As such, you should be aware that data protection and privacy laws can vary in different jurisdictions where Intellis operates. Intellis’ policy is to comply with applicable laws, including requirements in certain countries that Intellis notify individuals in that country of its personal data practices, and in some cases, obtain consent to those practices.
How We Obtain Your Personal Data
As further described below, we collect personal data from you in connection with your job application with Intellis and Intellis’ recruitment process, which includes the following:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience, and education information;
- Knowledge, skills, abilities, and preferences, including learning agility, aptitude, and working style and preferences;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Referral names and contact information for referrals;
- Information relating to character and employment references; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards, or professional memberships).
Intellis may collect this information in various ways, including from application forms, CVs or résumés, identity documents, third parties (such as references or background checks), or through interviews or other forms of assessment.
If we ask you to provide any other personal data not described above, then the personal data we will ask you to provide and the reasons we ask you to provide it will be made clear to you at the point we collect it. If we ask you to provide personal data that we consider mandatory for us to administer your relationship with us, we will inform you of such at the time of collection. In addition, we will also inform you of the consequences of not providing us with the mandatory personal data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Intellis uses your personal data to carry out its job application and recruitment process. Such uses include:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against our career opportunities and determining your suitability for employment;
- Deciding whether to offer you a job;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your job application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Intellis;
- Recommending potential career opportunities based on your skills, qualifications, and interests;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any applicable laws or regulations;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to Intellis’ job application and/or recruitment process, including improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our recruitment practices;
- Fulfilling the purpose for which you provide it;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively researching your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with Intellis.
If you are offered and accept employment with Intellis, the personal data collected during the job application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record.
If we need to process your personal data for an incompatible purpose not discussed in this Privacy Notice, we will notify you and seek your consent if required by law. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent only where required by applicable law. Lastly, Intellis does not subject you to automated decision-making.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Intellis takes care to allow your personal data to be accessed only by those who need such access to perform their tasks and duties and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for processing or accessing it. As such, we may share your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or their or our successors or assigns.
- Upon request, an Intellis employee referred you to inform them about the limited, general status of the referral.
- To our contractors, business partners, service providers, and other third parties who require the data to carry out work relating to the job applicant and/or recruitment process on our behalf, provided such parties provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required of Intellis. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation), in which case, personal data held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
Please note that we do not sell (as defined in applicable data protection and privacy laws) your personal data (and will not sell it without providing any required notices and/or opt-in/opt-out rights).
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect and/or process your personal data according to one or more of the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary in connection with our legitimate interests in recruitment and hiring candidates and does not override your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- The processing is necessary to take steps, at your request, relating to potentially entering into an employment contract with you.
- The processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as retaining records relating to the recruitment process for periods required under applicable laws or regulations.
- We may also seek your consent to process or retain your personal data in certain, limited circumstances that we clearly identify to you.
- In some limited cases, we may need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person; for example, we may need to share your personal data with third parties for security reasons (when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your or other’s safety, to investigate fraud, or respond to a related government request).
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and let you know whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide it). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) that are not listed above, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Information” section below.
Security and Breach Notification
Intellis maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures, including, but not limited to, reasonably designed administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect the personal data obtained as discussed in this Privacy Notice from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, and access. Intellis personnel and service providers with access to personal data collected as discussed in this Privacy Notice are required to keep such personal data confidential and secure.
Unless a longer retention period is required by law, we will retain your personal data for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice or for as long as we have a legitimate business interest that is not outweighed by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (e.g., because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. As such, we reserve the right to use such anonymous data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Your Privacy Rights
Certain jurisdictions may provide you with privacy rights under applicable data protection or privacy law regarding your personal data. In particular, you may have the right to:
- be informed about your personal data;
- access your personal data;
- correct any personal data that is inaccurate;
- have your personal data erased;
- restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data;
- obtain and reuse your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- object to how your personal data is used in automated decision-making, if applicable.
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and
- obtain a copy of Standard Contractual Clauses (if applicable).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another individual or ask us to delete personal data that we are required by law to keep or which we need to defend claims against us.
If you are a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for additional disclosures and information about the personal data we have collected about you over the last 12 months and rights you may have regarding your personal data.
If you do not wish to receive our email marketing communication for promotional purposes, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
If we process your personal data in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using the contact details under the “Contact Information” heading below.
We will respond to such requests following the requirements of applicable data protection laws. Please note that we may need you to provide certain personal data to verify your identity to fulfill your request. Depending upon applicable data protection and privacy law, individuals may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
How We Treat Do Not Track Signals
Various browsers (i.e., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.) allow a “do not track” (DNT) setting, which sends a signal to websites visited by an individual about their browser DNT setting. At this time, there is no general agreement on how companies like Intellis should interpret DNT signals. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to DNT signals. We will continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
This Website may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by Intellis. As such, this Privacy Notice does not apply to personal data collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal data collected by our business partners and other third parties or third party applications or services, even if this personal data is collected using our Website or at events.
The Website is not directed to or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to fill out our forms or send any personal data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 13, we will delete that personal data promptly.
Changes to this Notice
Intellis reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post it to our Website before or when the change becomes effective. We ask that you review the Privacy Notice periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “Effective Date” displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change, or remove your personal data or exercise any other rights,
- Via Email: info@intellisIQ.com
- Via Mail: Intellis, 7025 County Rd 46A, Suite 1071-512, Lake Mary, FL 32746